3.5.12

DIY stamps!

Lately I love making my own stamps. It is so easy, you don't need a lot of materials en the effect is so much nicer than a regular drawing. It's a surprise every time you try a just carved stamp for the first time.

What do you need?
A simple eraser (I buy them at Action or Wibra, 2 for 99 euro cents!)
Little knifes or 'gutsen' (don't know the English word, see picture)
Ink

I usually draw my illustration on a piece of paper first. When I am happy with the design, I turn around the paper and lay it on the eraser. I scratch on the back of the paper with a pencil. The illustration will apear on the eraser. Just carve everything that you want to keep white and done! Your DIY stamp is ready.

I made my blog header with stamps too.

This is one of my favorites at the moment (sorry for the bad picture quality):



No comments:

Post a Comment