26.7.12

Tutorial: DIY air vase


This blogpost is about a DIY project I long time ago. Inspiration for this air vase I found on the website of the Japanese company Torafu Architects. I love the lightness and transparancy of the object. Althought it is not really usable as a vase, it's a unique and fun object for your home that I wanted to make myself right away. I found a tutorial for this on another blog but I can’t remember which one (shame on me... if this sounds familiair to you please let me know the blog link!). Anyway, I made my own tutorial for you.


Here is what you need:
- At least 3 meters of rope in any color. Make sure it’s rough, thick and light.
- A balloon
- Strong glue
- A plastic tray or cup


First blow up the balloon and hang it upside down on for instance a lamp or a shelf. Put the glue in the plastic tray. Now start wrapping the rope around the balloon by dipping it first into the glue. Make sure the rope is full of glue, you can’t use too much of it! Randomly wrap the rope around the balloon to create a messy effect. When you're done, cut off the rope and let it dry for about two hours (drying time depends on the glue you used). After that you simply prick the balloon with a needle or pin and your air vase is born!





2 comments:

  1. Hi, i LOVE LOVE LOVE this diy vase! Wow, how creative!!! I'm following you now... would love it if you followed back :) xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for following! I am following you back. Do you have any idea why your profile picture (and the one from my other follower) is not visible in my Google friend connect widget? I can't figure out what is wrong... :(.

      Delete