15.5.12

DIY washi tape keyboard

Tatadadataaaa... Here it is! The result of my washi tape project. I gave my Macbook a little makeover!

I spotted this idea in a Dutch magazine called Flair, where a photo was showed of a with washi tape covered laptop keyboard. A Google search brought me on Kira's blog (she also wrote about the Etsy shop  where I ordered the washi tapes I used) and I just had to try it myself!

I used 5 of the 8 different tapes I bought because they matched well together. As you may have noticed, I'm a fan of soft pastel colors. It's not simple to choose a set of well-matching colors from all the available tapes and especially not when you have to judge them from a laptop display. I chose three tapes based on a 'ahh those are sweet'-feeling and forgot they had to match with the rest ;). So keep that in mind if you want to do it yourself.






























It is a very easy DIY, all you need is a little patience. The first thing I did was cleaning my Macbook (which was the first time in two years I believe..). Just water and soap will do. Then I started cutting the tape in the right sizes. Washi tape is very easy to remove and restick if you made a mistake. I cutted the edges of to prevent the corners from curling. A couple of hours later and your Macbook has a new look!

I have to admit, the keyboard is not very comfortable for typing anymore because of the rough texture of the tape. And, although washi tape is transparant, the letters and numbers are not always very readable... But say for yourself, the result is pretty cool isn't it?






No comments:

Post a Comment