3.7.12

Back home from a USA roadtrip!

It's been a while since my last blogpost. I was on holiday in the USA! We spend 3 weeks and travelled in a rented RV (a bigggg one, 30 foot.., just for the two of us). We started in Los Angeles and from there went to San Diego, Palm Springs, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite National Park (and everything in between) and ended in San Francisco. It was a beautiful journey with lots of different landscapes. We have driven 5.500 kilometers! Everything is so big in America. We drove about 3-5 hours per day (that means: he drives, I read a book ;) ). For the record: in Holland a 4 hour drive means crossing the country from North to South...

While on the road, I made a drawing of our route and what we saw in every place. I was afraid to ruin it by using color pencils or something, so I edited it with Illustrator. I am not very handy with Adobe programs yet so it took me a long time to figure out how it works! Maybe I should frame my original drawing without the colors. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment